1) Add 125g butter, 150g caster sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla essence to a pan and melt
*empty the washing machine ~ realise that the clean washing is sopping wet as you shoved too much in there, sigh and shove it all back in to spin again
2) Once melted, remove mixture from the heat and add in 2 mashed up ripe bananas - mix well
*realise you need an egg for the next step and you haven't got any in. Send partner to the shop. Tap your foot impatiently until they arrive back
3) Add 1 beaten egg to the mixture - mix well
* put washing in dryer
4) Add 190g self raising flour and 60mls milk to mixture. Mix in.
*moan because there was a hole in the bag of flour which has caused flour to sprinkle all over your freshly mopped floor. Aggressively mop the flour up
5) Pop in a greased loaf tin - shove in the oven for 35-40 minutes at gas mark 3 or 150
*realise you're about 10 minutes late for the preschool run. Grab keys, coat and leg it.
Arrive back - pull cake out of oven (pray it hasn't burnt) and spend the next half an hour repeatedly telling your child and partner that it's too hot to eat!
<a href="http://honestmum.com/category/brilliant-blog-posts/"><img style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; display: block;" src="http://i.imgur.com/fJzNWoE.jpg" alt="Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com" width="301" height="189" /></a>